A bright and productive future of our students, and our communities, is in the hands of our teachers. It is a vital part of our mission to provide affordable STEM teacher training and professional development for high school teachers. Our focus is on preparing educators for the modern STEM classroom.
“More than half of U.S. public school districts, including more than 90 percent of districts serving large populations of African-American and Latino students, report difficulties recruiting and retaining certified, knowledgeable STEM teachers.”Melissa Moritz, former deputy director of STEM initiatives at the U.S. Department of Education
STEM Teacher Training & Professional Development
Our Teacher training curricula develops core competencies required for effective implementation of a STEM curricula, including:
- Fostering inclusivity
- Creating and managing STEM-specific student-centered classroom learning environment
- Teaching project-based learning (PBL)
- Making the vision of Next Generation Science Standards come alive in the classroom
- Teaching STEM using 5E Instructional Model
- Identifying and integrating the right technology that enhances learning
- Reinforcing effective communication skills
- Assessing student learning
- Facilitating learning outside of classroom setting
US ORT Operations STEM teachers receive tailored and constant support through every module of our STEM curricula.